How Do I Apply for a Merchant Account?
Our online merchant account application process is quick and simple. In total, it should only take around 10 minutes:
1st Step: Quickly complete the online application.
2nd Step: DocuSign the merchant processing agreement.
3rd Step: Wait to be approved by the underwriters (48-72 hours).
What Supporting Documents Are Required?
If you are applying for a US merchant account, you will need to include the following documents with your application:
- Passport, Driver’s License or government-issued ID
- Voided check or bank letter
- If applicable, 3 months of most recent credit card processing statements from your previous or existing provider
- 3 months of most recent business bank statements. If the business is new, 3 months of most recent personal bank statements are required
How Long Will It Take to Approve My Application?
The average approval time for a US merchant account ranges between 2 and 3 business days. Occasionally, the underwriter may request additional information. This can extend the timeframe for new account approvals, but typically only adds another 2 days onto the process provided you submit the information promptly.
What Type of Companies are Accepted?
We work with US-based and offshore businesses. We accept companies that are classified as high, medium or low-risk. Start-ups are accepted.
Is My Business Considered High Risk?
There are multiple reasons why processors may classify businesses as high risk. These include the following circumstances:
- You have a negative credit history.
- You offer recurring billing or a free-trial.
- You sell high-ticket items.
- The industry you operate in has a high rate of fraud or chargebacks.
In partnership with